Forum Rules Can be Found HERE
Vendor Advertising Info can be found HERE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 4,186
» Latest member: supergameboy
» Forum threads: 4,788
» Forum posts: 29,505

Full Statistics

[-]
Online Staff
There are no staff members currently online.

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

Congratulations to Allanon, our current top poster for the last day with 7 posts!

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 59 online users. [Complete List]
» 6 Member(s) | 53 Guest(s)

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 4,186
» Latest member: supergameboy
» Forum threads: 4,788
» Forum posts: 29,505

Full Statistics

What keeps you motivated to workout?
(08-17-2017, 05:22 PM)fatcat1234 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Honestly I've been working out for so long I feel bad if I don't.

For me, this is 100% the reason at this point. If I go somewhere where I can't really work out much, and stay for more than a week or two, I generally feel like shit by the time I'm back.

Also, I used to be really skinny when I was younger, so it's nice when I hang out with people who haven't seen me in a while and they drop compliments or whatever.

Other reasons are the common ones:
  • I like feeling sexy when I look in the mirror, send nudes to my gf, etc
  • People are much more hesitant to fuck with you if you're big (I'm 6'2" and fluctuate between 190-205lbs generally so definitely slightly above average size)
  • It'll ease the process of aging (at least slightly I hope)
Of course, if I'm ever having trouble motivating myself to work out, a scoop of pre-workout supplement helps a ton (though obviously it's not good for you).
Ive not lifted since 2006 but Im asked all the time at work if and where I go. Blessed lol
This content is hidden from you. If you want to see it you have to register on this board.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to stuck for this post:
  • devious
(08-20-2017, 11:18 AM)stuck Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This content is hidden from you. If you want to see it you have to register on this board.

Yes! When I first saw my abs again after a few years my motivation ramped up 200%
Most people have no understanding of how alcohol use can add fat in no time.   Even working out it is hard to really get ripped in the ab area.  Back in 2005 me and friend who was my workout partner went on a darkside 1 year cycle and was the most intense workouts ever.  Never missed a workout and they were brutal.  We got very huge but we also got into the habit of hanging at his place after the workouts and drinking vodka on the rocks until midnight.  And because we were in shape and eating well, there was almost no hangover even though we at one point realized we were averaging at least a half gallon of Grey Goose per week and some weeks it was 2 half gallons.  And neither of us could get a ripped six abs no matter what.  So when finally said enough and cut it out completely 3 months later, ripped 6 pack abs.

"Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles."

Confucius
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SDBF for this post:
  • devious
(08-21-2017, 02:23 PM)SDBF Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Most people have no understanding of how alcohol use can add fat in no time.

Facts. I'm guilty of this; for the longest time I assumed that liquor had almost zero calories, and that beer was the only alcohol I had to avoid (stupid, I know). When I actually stopped and thought about it, I realized that ethanol in its purest form is essentially liquid sugar. It blew my mind to find out that a single shot of pure grain alcohol has almost 200 calories in it. There's no low-calorie way to get drunk, unless you're an extreme lightweight.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to devious for this post:
  • SDBF
At first for me, it was just to look good and be bigger. I expected quick results too fast and then I would lose motivation because it took time and it took forever for me to finally realize that. 

Now, I have come to realize that working out and pumping hard is actually very therapeutic for me and has done a lot for me and my lifestyle. I find it fun to learn about nutrition and also to learn about different beneficial supplements. 
Once I started staying at a steady pace working on my mental health through physical exercise, then my initial dreams of a good body started to come along Smile
Fool me once, shame on you. Teach a man to fool me, and I’ll be fooled for the rest of my life. 
Being someone that lives at work. It just keeps me active. If I don't have anything to do I'm cooking eating drinking or just being a waste of space and depressed lol.

Who Read The Thread:
1 User(s) read this thread:
deem_tea (04-16-2018, 12:15 AM)