Forum Rules Can be Found HERE
Vendor Advertising Info can be found HERE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 3,237
» Latest member: bobeee
» Forum threads: 3,940
» Forum posts: 25,588

Full Statistics

[-]
Online Staff
There are no staff members currently online.

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

Congratulations to Low Earth Orbit, our current top poster for the last day with 1 post!

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 14 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 13 Guest(s)

[-]
Statistics
» Members: 3,237
» Latest member: bobeee
» Forum threads: 3,940
» Forum posts: 25,588

Full Statistics

Synthesizers
I'm currently considering purchasing my first analog synthesizer after years of learning synthesis via DAWs and softsynths. The synth I have in mind is the Moog Subsequent 37, which is pretty reasonably priced for an analog synthesizer, and a Moog nonetheless. Until playing it, I had been perfectly satisfied with my MIDI controllers and softsynths, but upon experiencing its immense power, I've begun seriously considering purchasing one.

My current arsenal consists of a few MIDI controllers, and I use Reason 8 as my main DAW, and occasionally I use it in conjunction with Ableton via ReWire to utilize my Arturia Minimoog, Moog modular, and ARP2600. Does anyone here have any experience with hardware synthesizers, or have any strong opinions on hardware vs software synths? If so, what gems do you have in your collection?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to silver for this post:
  • MajesticCasual
I unfortunately cannot help you. I've kind of had the desire to learn more about music production as of late because I got a simple Numark mixtrack that I love playing around with and has given me a new appreciation for this kind of art.

I recently downloaded the free version of Reason to try and get the hang of the functionality of the DAW before I do any permanent purchasing. I have some simple MIDI controllers/keyboards but am now looking into investing in some sort of synthesizer as well. They're just so damn expensive and I definitely don't feel comfortable throwing down when I know I am not even close to a novice yet and have wayyyy more to learn lol.

Sorry I can't help you, but if you have any tips or sources for me to learn more let me know haha.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CapnMysticSand for this post:
  • silver

Who Read The Thread:
2 User(s) read this thread:
silver (12-12-2017, 03:10 AM), CapnMysticSand (12-13-2017, 05:02 AM)